Thanks so much for your interest in our camps. I wanted to take a second to explain in more simple terms the U of M debate camps fee structure. The payment process for the Seven Week Program is very basic and involves just a few steps:
- Choose your deposit. We offer two methods of application. Through early deposit ($750 deposit, no application fee, and a lower total cost but the deposit is considered non-refundable unless you do not get accepted in the Seven Week Program) or through regular deposit ($60 application fee due within one week of your application date, a $1000 deposit due within one week of being accepted but not refundable after that time, and normal price). When you reach the application, choose one of these two methods.
- Application. Keep track of the date you apply. Three weeks after that date is when your application fee or early deposit is due. For instance, if you apply Saturday, February 6th your $750 early deposit or $60 application fee would be due on Saturday, February 13th.
- Final Payment. If you paid early deposit, your final payment of $5,050 is due no later than June 1st. If you paid regular deposit, your final payment of $4,950 is due by no later than June 1st.
- Returning Students. If you are a returning student, you pay a lower total amount. If you choose the early deposit option your deposit ($750) is due one week after the date you apply and the final balance of $5,000 is due no later than June 1st. If you chose the regular deposit option your $60 application fee is due one week after your application date, the $1000 deposit is due within one week of being accepted, and the final balance of $4,800 is due no later than June 1st.
- Because of such a great demand of students who want to attend, no Seven Week Deposits are refundable unless you are not accepted to the Seven Week Program. We will make no exceptions to this rule.
Director of Debate
University of Michigan
Office Phone Number: 734-239-3996